Today I was just strolling along and BOOM. Almost two months since my last blog post. And suddenly I am like “uhhhhh where did that time go?!” and then I say “Don’t be silly, Alyssa, you are a busy lady” and then I try to tick off on my fingers all the things that have been going on the past two months and it looks something like this: work, sleep, cook, nap, forget to wash makeup off face before bedtime, work, forget to set morning alarm, work, work, grocery shop, work.
And so here we are. Almost at the end of February. My bad.
One thing that has happened over the past 2 months is the arrival and departure of my 26th birthday. GROSS. Just kidding, I think. I don’t know what it is about the number 26, but it just feels BLAH. Officially out of the early/mid-twenties, officially off the ‘rents health insurance, and at that age where going to a bar and staying out past 10 PM feels like trying to win a gold medal in an Olympic sport; it’s insanely challenging, the odds are stacked against you, make one tiny mistake and you will fail to even score.
But, rumor has it I’ll only be 26 once (hmmph) so I figured I may as well make the most of it. To help me do so, I’ve compiled a list of things I’d like to do before I ring in 27.
- Write blog posts more frequently (off to a great start, obviously…)
- Save up for a pretty Mac desktop
- Visit my college friends. So far I am planning trips to: Montana, California, and Colorado.
- Try to cook the majority of my meals—less takeout, more Paleo goodness!
- Find a stunning night cream to make sure these stupid wrinkles forming around my eyes don’t continue to get worse…
- …and on that last note, REMEMBER TO WASH THE MAKEUP OFF MY FACE EVERY.DAMN.NIGHT.
- Exercise more
- Stress less
- Pick up the phone and actually call people. I was shocked to learn that phones existed long before they had text messaging capabilities. You probably are shocked as well!!
- Remember to be grateful for what I have and what I have accomplished, especially on those days when I feel like I haven’t done enough.
- Take more photographs!
- Take a weekend vacation to visit this gorgeous location, brought to you by our friendly neighbors to the north
- Consistently try to keep my apartment tidy and organized—AKA, don’t run the dryer multiple times because the clothes “still feel a wee bit damp and couldn’t possibly be ready to take out and fold yet…” (yes, this is my excuse).
- Spend more time outdoors
- Continue to add more things to this list…
The great thing is that I have over 350 days to work on all these things. But, if time keeps moving as quickly as it has (which I suspect it will), then I better wrap this post up and get to work.
So, until next time, friends!